PEAS & BEANS ON TOAST
This is a good substitute for avocado on toast, and because it is made from frozen peas and broad beans, it can be made at any time of the year.
Serves 2, one piece of toasted sourdough each.
- 3/4 cup frozen broad beans
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- small amount of the liquid peas & beans were cooked in
- Handful of parsley stalks
- Basil – small bunch
- Mint – small bunch
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- Squeeze of lemon / lime
- Cook the peas and beans, with a small amount of water, in a glass dish in the microwave for about 4 minutes.
- Scoop the beans & peas, herbs & spices into the food processor. Pulse and scrape down the sides, adding extra liquid from the cooked peas/beans as necessary.
Leave the mix a bit chunky.
- Adjust the flavours.
- Spread on sourdough.
- Serve alone or with anything else that looks interesting including egg, ham, hummus or sliced tomatoes.