This is the most surprising salad I have ever made – the crisp fennel and the tangelo are so complementary and the dressing is just beautiful. Will definitely be on the Christmas recipe list to complement the ham.
- 4 tangelos, peeled and segmented
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, finely sliced
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed Continental parsley leaves
- 100mls olive oil
- 80mls (1/3 cup) fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt & ground black pepper
Finely grate the rind from 1 tangello and reserve for dressing.
To make the orange vinaigrette mix the reserved tangello rind with the olive oil, orange juice, mustard and salt and pepper to taste in a screw-top jar. Shake well.
Toss the orange segments with the fennel and red onion in a bowl to combine. Place on a serving plate or in a serving bowl, sprinkle with the parsley and pour over the orange vinaigrette.