One of Claire’s signature dishes – can be served with bread, cous cous or rice, always good, quick to prepare and very versatile. This can be made with fresh or frozen ingredients. A few tins of tomatoes and some frozen prawns makes an almost instant dinner.
- 1 bulb of garlic – minced or finely chopped
- 2 cnions finely chopped (or chopped in the food processor with a bit of the oil to make it extra fast)
- 4 cans of tomatoes
- Salt / Pepper to taste
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 kg green prawns, shelled tails intact (or frozen)
- 1 bunch of Parsley chopped
- Pane di casa bread loaf or any fairly solid crusty bread. Bake at home rolls go quite well , or just serve with rice.
Heat oven to 220C.
Brown onions & garlic together in a heavy based pot (cast iron is good), leaving aside a small amount of garlic.
Add the tomatoes, season and simmer for ten mins to reduce.
Add the olive oil & and stir to blend together and heat through.
Add peeled prawns (if frozen don’t defrost) to the pot and place in the oven for 15 minutes, or until just done, while you warm the bread.
Add the parsley & remaining garlic & stir through.