Really easy recipe – the only problem is that your hands get very chocolatey. I think that the longer you can leave the mixture in the fridge the less messy your hands should get. These need to be quite small, otherwise they are quite a commitment to eat. You want to feel as if you have tasted something special and left to feel as if you want more.
You need lots of chocolate sprinkles. I used shredded coconut once I ran out of sprinkles. The two looked quite good together.
(makes about 40 – always better if made quite small)
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 200g rich dark cooking chocolate – melted
- 2 tbs kahlua or other substitute
- 1 tin Top ‘n’ Fill Caramel
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup biscuit crumbs – use butternut cookies or something with taste
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 100g white chocolate – melted
- Red and green glace cherries, sliced in half
Soak sultanas in alcohol until absorbed.
Combine melted chocolate, caramel, sultanas, biscuit crumbs and nuts and refridgerate until almost set.
Roll teaspoonfulls into balls, using fingertips, and then roll in sprinkles or coconut and put in freezer to really cool.
Melt white chocolate – not too runny, spoon over each ball and allow to run down the sides. Top each one with a chalf cherry.
Return to the freezer on a tray until quite hard before packaging between sheets of Glad Bake until ready to serve.