This tastes better the second day, it tastes a bit “green” when freshly made. It depends on the strength of the spinach, young spinach is better.
- 1/2 cup cashews for pesto
- 1/2 cup cashews chopped to remain chunky
- 250 g spinach – or combination of leaves – include basil, parsley, oregano
- 1 chilli – seeded
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- oil to thin – a combination of olive and a tasteless oil such as rice bran
- lemon juice to taste
- salt and pepper to season
Grind chilli and garlic with mortar & pestle.
Blend spinach/greens, parmesan, cashews and the chilli and garlic mix in food processor. Add a thin drizzle of oil and some lemon juice until required texture is achieved.
Stir in the chunky cashews.
Season to taste.